homeEd partners with a variety of contractors and suppliers to provide quality, cost-effective and appropriate housing for Edmontonians in need. This includes contracting opportunities for construction, renovations and maintenance, as well as a broad range of purchased goods and services.

On an annual basis, homeEd vets contractors for inclusion in the Corporation's Register of Approved Contractors. To be pre-qualified as an approved contractor, the company or worker shall:

  • Have a registered business number for billing purposes as well as a valid business license;
  • Provide homeEd with a registered GST number;
  • Provide a valid Clearance Certificate from the Worker's Compensation Board (WCB) of Alberta to indicate that the business has met WCB reporting and payment obligations;
  • Be responsible for complying with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Alberta and the Codes and Regulations issued pursuant to that Act; as well as other relevant health and safety legislation;
  • Carry their own liability insurance, in the appropriate amount;
  • Demonstrate the capacity to safely and appropriately undertake, control and complete the work.

If you would like your company, technology, material or service to be considered by homeEd, contractors and suppliers are encouraged to contact us for further information.